I am an evolutionary biologist interested in various aspects of sexual reproduction including sexual selection, sex allocation and inbreeding depression. I am tackling my questions by using a blend of field studies, experimental tests and comparative approaches applying methods such as quantitative genetics, geometric morphometrics, immunocytochemistry and genomics.
My ongoing research projects focus on:
- Evolution of selfing rates in Basommatophoran snails
- Sex-specific sexual selection and its evolutionary consequences
- Sexually antagonistic genetic variation in hermaphrodites
- Environment-dependent sexual selction
- Condition-dependence of male and female fitness components
- Sex-specific inbreeding depression
My current research is funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR).